Content Marketing For Restaurants: Why It’s So Valuable
by Joe Sainz
Content marketing is now ubiquitous with more than 90 percent B2C marketers using it. The question, however, is how important is content marketing for restaurants? The answer is – more important than most of us think. Content marketing is a great way of communicating with existing and potential customers in a way that enhances a restaurant’s reputation and authority.
Content marketing allows restaurant owners to cultivate relationships with their customers by becoming a resource that adds value to their lives. This increases brand awareness and builds loyalty. The beauty of content marketing is that it is participatory and inclusive, as opposed to some other marketing methods that seem too pushy.
Some compelling facts about content marketing
Content marketing is as important for restaurants as it is for any other business trying to capture customers’ attention in this ever-so-competitive market. Here is how it is affecting the marketing landscape.
- 78% of Chief Marketing Officer’s believe custom content is the future of marketing
- Conversion rates are almost 6 times higher for content marketing adopters compared to non-adopters
- 69% of marketers claim that content is superior to PR and direct mail
- Social media is the most common content delivery mechanism, used by 87% of marketers
Why invest in content marketing for restaurants?
Investment in a content marketing strategy is critical to the success of any marketing program. Regular blog updates or posts on a restaurant’s Facebook page can do wonders, because restaurants still rely heavily on word of mouth as a means of marketing and proliferation. Restaurants can use content marketing to:
- create a connection with existing and potential customers
- build awareness and excitement
- humanize the brand and become more approachable
- boost SEO results
- leverage social media by creating spreadable and share-worthy content
- make the best of online presence
- showcase food, services and skills
- be future-ready
Key benefits of content marketing for restaurants
Content marketing can offer various measurable benefits to restaurants including, but not limited to:
- Reaching out to new customers
- Increased Brand Recognition and Reputation
- Increased engagement with target audience
- More referral traffic
- More leads
- Increased conversion potential
- Increased sales
- Higher domain authority
- Zero cost endorsement
- Higher revenue by promotions via social media
- Improved bonding with guest
- Better SEO and increase inbound traffic
- Decreased Marketing Costs
- Establishes restaurant as thought leader
Content marketing provides both short term and long term benefits. From helping restaurants get more leads, to helping them outshine competition, content marketing can be of great help.
Despite its various benefits, restaurant industry has still not been able to use content marketing to its full potential. While food related content is gaining immense popularity, not many restaurants take advantage of this space. Restaurant owners must realize that getting a good website designed is not enough, it is equally important to create custom content and share it regularly via website, blog, and social media to engage with the target audience.
It is high time for restaurants to start using content marketing to gain competitive edge, attract potential diners, and keep them coming back for more.
December 18, 2016
December 18, 2016
December 18, 2016